Thursday, October 22, 2020

On Judging Shows...

 

I recently had the privilege of being a judge and/or juror for three pastel exhibits and I wanted to share my experience with you! 

I love judging art! I feel like I have fairly good judgement when it comes to recognizing what is a strong work of art based on certain basic criteria which I will talk about in the link below. Plus, it's fun to have the power to decide the fate of an entry and to imagine how someone will feel when winning an award!

Read my comments on the six winners of the MidAtlantic Pastel Society on this public Patreon post, along with what I look for when judging artwork, my experiences judging the animal category of the Pastel100 and jurying for the Pastel Society of New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...